Wednesday, June 2, 2010

First Interview of the Season

I finally got a call for an interview! Let the celebrations and hurried planning begin! I'm one of those anal interviewers who over-plans. I prep myself with practice questions and make sure that all of my portfolio stuff is up to date and easily managed.

As for the portfolio, I hadn't updated it for this year yet. I had been thinking about putting something together, but was so discouraged by the lack of interviews that I just put it off. So, I now need to scramble to get something together for Thursday.

What I typically bring is a short portfolio with some specific highlights. I bring extra copies so those interested can keep one. I include some lesson plans, examples of student work, recommendation letters, teaching philosophy statement, my license, and a couple additional statements about teaching. I might add in my transcripts just because I got really good grades.

I think I'll be ready for the interview. I had been interviewing a bunch last year and had become super used to the process. I doubt it will be too difficult to get back into it, but the first one of the season is always a little rough. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment