Saturday, June 5, 2010

Networking Pro

Yesterday, I hit up as many people at my school as possible to put in a good word for me at the high school. Luckily for me, I am well liked at my school and am very professional. As a result, everyone wants to help me get a job! Apparently, I was not the only one bummed that my position was cut.

I had asked the assistant principal in charge of my evaluation to call some people for me, and yesterday she promised to call the AP ASAP. ;)

I also run a morning program for K-3 with a new teacher who went to the high school. Turns out she has a great relationship with one of the teachers who interviewed me. She promised to give him a call to tell him all the good things she has to say about me.

Lastly, one of the other LA teachers at my school has a friend at the high school. I talked to her yesterday morning and she was excited to call her friend to help me out. I just got an email from her, which said the following:

Hi Mary,

Just want you to know that I put in a good word for you with a LA teacher at [high school]. She was psyched and said that the interview team was very pleased with your interview. I talked with my friend via phone tonight and she promised to pass on the info I gave her today. She definitely liked what she heard about you. It sounds like you did a great job on your own.


Woohoo!! Now, I know that there are about a billion factors that go into who hiring committees end up hiring, but I am totally doing absolutely everything that I can! And I am pleased that my networking seems to be paying off. It also doesn't hurt that I've been on about 15-20 interviews and have become extremely comfortable with the process... If I don't get the job, it will definitely be just the dreaded "experience" piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment