Saturday, June 12, 2010

Still No Word

I was supposed to hear about the high school job Friday. I carried my phone with me all day so I could answer it as soon as it rang. I knew that it was really a long shot that I'd get the job, but was still somewhat optimistic. It's a little hard to still believe in oneself after so much rejection, but I thought that maybe all the calls and recommendations from local people would somehow make a difference.

I waited during the whole school day and didn't get a call. Today was the last student day of school, so we had a lot of activities. I kept my phone with me the whole time. The 8th grade graduation was last night, so I had to hang around town until 5:30. At 4:30, I left a message with the Assistant Principal, who was the head of the hiring committee. At this point, I probably won't hear anything until Monday.

Basically, I probably didn't get the job. The failure to hear anything could only mean one of two things: 1. They offered it to someone else and are waiting to hear from that person. 2. They are having a hard time hearing back from references.

I still have a tiny amount of hope left, which is only making all of this harder. There are very few positions posted this year, so if I don't get this one, it doesn't look like I'll get something for next year. A number of positions have even been canceled. Most likely, I have another demeaning year of subbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment