Friday, May 14, 2010

First Repeat Application

I had a weird thing happen to me yesterday. A position that I had already applied for and received a standard "Thank you for your application; we've decided to go with a different applicant" letter posted a new position on School Spring. In fact, they are looking for TWO Language Arts teachers. So, I reapplied.

My one thought for why they initially rejected my application was the fact that one of the reference letters I included was from last year. It was still early in my search and I hadn't yet received all of my new letters. I now have more than enough recent letters, so I don't think they have any reason to turn me down right away again.

The down side is that this school is about an hour away. Not exactly what I'd hoped for, but it's better than nothing.

Right now, I have seven active applications on School Spring. At least one of them has to call me for an interview, right? We'll just have to wait and see. I'll keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment