Saturday, May 15, 2010

Still Waiting on Interviews...

Probably the hardest part about job searching is the time between applying for a job and waiting to hear about an interview. The first week is fine, but the following one and especially the one after that can begin to foster feelings of uncertainty and doubt. So far, I have had no calls for interviews this year.
At this point, there are really only two options: sit and wait or call schools and ask what's up.
Now, I typically call the supervisory union rather than the school because I'm a wuss and afraid to be rejected right off. Usually, I hear from them either, "no one's been hired and they're calling people for interviews/interviewing now" or "hmmm...I don't know what's going on with that. Let me call the school and call you back." Either way, it's nice and detached. Much better than getting on the phone with someone who knows perfectly well that you're not getting a call because you're totally not qualified enough.
I've called a couple SU's so far and haven't gotten a clear message. So, I guess I'm back to the sitting and waiting option.

No comments:

Post a Comment