Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Not So Lucky

It turns out that I have no special rights to that high school job in my supervisory union. It doesn't hurt that I've worked in the same town and am in good standing here, but it isn't going to automatically secure the job for me. So, I have to apply like anyone else.
I called and talked to the department chair to find out some more info on the job. Sounds pretty standard with a variety of classes that would be taught. They will be looking at applications next week and won't be setting up interviews right away.
At this point, I'm feeling pretty apathetic about the entire situation. I haven't heard from any schools about interviews and am unsure whether or not I'll hear from anyone at all. I thought it would be better this time around since I have some real experience, but it doesn't look like that's the case. It seems pretty ridiculous that one has to go through so much trouble to get a teaching job.
I'll keep posting here regardless of any real news. I hope I'll have something uplifting to report in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment